National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) key points:
- The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides disability support based on individual needs
- Under the NDIS, you have a plan that is tailored to your goals, circumstances, and disability support needs
- You and your family can be involved in the process of developing your disability support plan
- Under the NDIS, 'choice and control' is a term used to give participants power over the planning, engagement and delivery of supports tn working towards your personal goals. You are encouraged to have 'choice and control' over where you get support, when you do engage in supports, and by the services and providers you engage with in your NDIS package.
Eligibility for the NDIS
To access the NDIS, people need to meet eligibility criteria. These include:
- Having a permanent and significant disability that affects your ability to take part in everyday activities
- Being under 65 years of age when you first apply for the NDIS
- Being an Australian citizen, hold permanent resident or Special Category Visa.
Families and Carers, Your Disability Support Plan
The NDIS will consider your needs when developing plans with participants.
The NDIS will look at the support your carer(s) provide, their other responsibilities and their own life plans. With your consent, this will be done in consultation with your family and carers, recognising the values of their views, knowledge, and experience.
Visit the NDIS website to find out how to access the scheme, or call 1800 800 110
Get in touch with us to learn more about Central Coast Arafmi and the NDIS.